Temporary Healthcare Data Analyst
Temporary Healthcare Data Analyst
San Bernardino, California
T & T has partnered with one of the largest health plan providers/employers in the region. This great team is looking for a Healthcare Data Analyst to join them on a temporary basis. If you are ready to make a difference today then this is the place for you! Don't let the opportunity to share your skills pass you by contact our office at 951-683-3753 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the direction of the Quality Systems Leadership Team, the Healthcare Data Analyst I – Quality Systems (HDA I) is responsible for providing technical, analytical, and reporting support for the Health Plan Clinical and Provider departments, programs, and quality activities. The HDA I must understand relational database concepts, table design and structure, joins, data normalization, and data types. In addition to technical data concepts, the HDA must have strong understanding of research methods and statistical concepts to design reliable studies/analyses, and payment algorithms.
Responsible for managing assigned reporting projects to ensure that data and analysis requests are completed timely, accurately while presented in a way that meets the needs of the requesting department. The HDA I must be able to assess requests and solicit feedback from requestors regarding any critical decision points that are necessary to complete requests accurately and timely.
Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1.Develops and prepares reports to support clinical and provider units utilizing available analytics and data mining tools, including but not limited to: Microsoft Applications (including MS Access), SAS, SPSS, Crystal Reports, system-specific reporting tools (e.g., MedHOK, CRM,) or other related reporting software.
2. Exercises timely and accurate data mining techniques and develops new or modifies existing reports that ensure consistent conclusions to data analysis.
3. Use analytical skills to determine solutions and resolve problems
4. Responsible for evaluating report requests to determine requestor’s needs and objectives, identifying correct methodology for extracting data including data sources and criteria, and ensuring the delivered report is accurate, timely, and formatted appropriately.
5. Responsible for understanding the various data sources available within for reporting and analysis, as well as a clear understanding of business operations to be able to appropriately guide the development of quality program activities, including analysis and reporting.
6. Significant participation in analysis, interpretation, and translating of complex health plan data, issues, trends, and relationships into effective strategies and action plans.
7. Responsible for managing assigned projects and effectively communicating with the QS leadership team any project deadlines that may be in jeopardy of being met, well in advance of the due date.
8. Document all analysis / reporting projects following established protocols, ensuring replication of results by an independent reviewer.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to incorporate LEAN principles into daily work.
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others throughout the organization.
3-5 years of relevant experience - Will accept Master’s Degree in lieu of experience
Experience in the healthcare field is preferred.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
Working knowledge of data analysis, study methodology, and preparing professional documents. Basic understanding of statistical methods.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Access, SAS, SSRS or other statistical applications are essential.
Data analysis, data presentation, spread sheet and database capabilities.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word.
Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Strong problem-solving capability.
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to handle multiple projects.