Temporary Senior Accountant
Temporary Senior Accountant
San Bernardino, California
T & T has partnered with one of the largest health plan providers/employers in the region. This great team is looking for a Senior Account to join them on a temporary basis. If your ready to make a difference today then this is the place for you! Don't let the opportunity to share your skills pass you by contact our office at 951-683-3753 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the direction of the Manager, Financial Reporting and the Supervisor, Accounting, the Senior Accountant performs complex professional accounting activities and related business transactions, as well as maintains, or assists with maintaining the General Ledger and Financial Reporting systems and providing management reports as needed. Participates in the general accounting functions and coordinates work with others in the Finance and other departments.
Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1.Responsible for completing the month-end close in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Responsible for completing the monthly financial statement packet in a timely manner.
3. Responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of assigned accounts each month and supporting workpapers.
4. Plan, organize and manage accounting records and reports.
5. Prepare or review monthly journal entries, work-papers and management reports.
6. Maintain department records and reports and collect data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
7. Monitor and review monthly Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR) process.
8. Maintain accurate and complete desk procedures for assigned areas
9. Assist in the preparation of the annual external audit process.
10. Responsible for researching and deciphering DHCS revenue rate increments as paid by DHCS.
11. Work with other departments to obtain necessary information to prepare, analyze and input transactions related to financial statements.
12. Investigate and report on trend and budget variances.
13. Assist with the training and oversight of staff.
14. Assist in the formulation of policies and procedures; understand and interpret policies, procedures and regulations.
15. Able to identify accounting issues, handle advanced accounting research and advise staff on proper accounting principles.
16. Perform special analysis on financial data impacting business operations.
17. Assist with ad-hoc projects or any other duties as required to ensure operations are successful.
18. Update job knowledge by participating in professional development courses and other educational opportunities to improve skills.
Five (5) or more years of accounting experience that would have developed the knowledge and abilities listed, including experience assisting with financial audits.
Principles and practices of the health care industry and/or health care accounting preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance or a related field from an accredited institution required.
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and procedures.
Principles and methods of planning, managing and maintaining an automated accounting system.
Strong analytical skills.
Extensive PC skills working on spreadsheet, general ledger and report writer programs applicable to the position assigned.
Skilled in calculating and preparing appropriate journal entries to record business transactions.
Self-motivated and focused on the goals and objectives of the organization.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, other programs, agencies and the general public.
While performing duties of the job, employee may be required to move about the organization. Employee must be able to sit for extended period of time, as well as work at the computer for long periods. Employee is required to use hands and fingers, especially for typing on the computer and using the mouse. Must also be able to reach with hands and arms to retrieve paperwork or files from cabinets and must occasionally lift heavy office supply boxes. Employee must be able to talk and hear, particularly for regular communications on the phone.